Aug 4 exploring Agra










 We did our walkabout today goal to see the Agra Fort and the Taj Mahl. We learned the Taj is closed on Friday!!!  We went to the Agra Fort. They didn't take credit cards and we didn't have enough cash. So this guy appears out of nowhere and says I can change money for you.  Wilson said I have $100 US is that good?  Wilson hands him a white $100. The guy goes no it's a white one. Wilson said ok I have a colored one. He said ok. We made it into the Fort. Just amazing. As you can see the detail is amazing. The Fort is 94 acres with 16 palaces inside. It was built in 1535 completed 1548. Pretty quick considering the size and detail. If you notice the one column the pattern is all inlay of precious and semi precious stones not painted. Then if you look at the grand room that is all inlay. As we were walking back it was so humid. This guy pops out and says I have a rooftop view of the Taj and beer. Wilson said you serve beer. It's pretty dry around here.  He said yes I do. So we follow him in. Here is his rooftop. 3 plastic chairs crumbling cement and a rusted table but it did have a view of the Taj. Better than nothing. We started walking back to the hotel. What you here  about the cows in India is 100% true!!  The Indians are mostly Hindi. They believe in peace and they will not kill anything. Yes they are 100% vegetarian. We walked around the cows up into this neighborhood. These kids so many of them came out to say hello and practice their English. These boys would say what I know are phrases from their English class. Like hello my name is Eli what's yours? Where do you live I'm Indian. It's pretty funny. I do have to admit this neighborhood was pretty sad. There was feces everywhere not sure what was cow dog or human no kidding. The water runoff in these little canals had people urinating in them right in front of us. This adorable girl maybe 8 kept following me using her English phrases and giggling. She was barefoot and just walking in all this that was in the street. She knows no different this is her life yet she was the sweetest happiest little girl. She turned to me reached out to shake my hand before we crossed this horrendous main street and said good bye and waved. It truly touched me. Tomorrow the Taj. I know it's opened!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here!!

July 27 hot air balloons

. The streets of Jaipur