July 27 hot air balloons
At 430 AM we were picked up to head to our hot air balloon ride amongst 300 plus fellow ballooners. It was pretty amazing to see all of these balloons headed up together. There was absolutely no wind. We pretty much went up rotated many times to see our neighbors. Pretty spectacular. We then came down and the captain actually landed on the trailer. Pretty good captianing if you ask me:). After that it was only 630. Found a coffee shop that was opened. We met up with our guide again at 930. We visited the oldest and largest church in Cappadocia. Then went to the outdoor museum where most of the rock formations were taken. We were then escorted to an amazing ceramics factory. There was a demonstration by a master to make a round wine decanter. I didn't get a photo of it unfortunately. But 3 masters are involved in completing these works of art. The potter the designer then then painter. I threw pots in my 3 years of high school.and 1 year at college. I loved it. I understand the challenge of creating a piece. Clearly no where near what these masters create but it brought up the desire to pick it up again. Went to lunch then Wilson and I decided to go our own way. Wilson doesn't like tours and did this for me. So I said let's go on our own and travel how we usually travel. So we did enjoyed the rest of the day. Back in Istanbul for one more day!!










Comments
Post a Comment