Aug 13 exploring Tokyo









 Our goal today was to meet Harumi. She is a dear friend and her daughter Moena has been Hannah's best friend since 2nd grade. I think their drive to become doctors came from Greys anatomy no kidding. Hannah was Meredith and Moena was Christine. We couldn't find Harumi. We got off at the wrong station. We couldn't figure out how to get there. We ended up taking an Uber and finally met up. We went to this great restaurant thank goodness  Harumi spoke Japanese.  Had sushi and sashimi again. I hate to say it but I maybe getting sushied out. We parted knowing we will see each other in Del Mar. We were so intrigued with this area. We just walked around. Japan is so very different than any place we have ever been. The people here are so respectful polite and willing to help. It's interesting. We were at a stoplight yesterday.  I said Wilson let's cross there are no cars. He said no look at everyone they are waiting for the light to change to cross. I'm like we can cross he said no respect those who are respectful. I noticed since then no one jaywalks. Also whenever you walk into a restaurant any restaurant the entire staff greets you. They do they same when you leave. It's so cool!!  There is no graffiti no trash clearly no homeless. In fact Japan is about 22% larger than Oregon. Yet Oregon population is 3.75 million people and Japan is 148M with Tokyo having 15.3 M alone. The photos are of our room. It's so small that we have to stack our bags on top of each other because it's so small. The bathtub would not fit neither Wilson nor myself. The interesting thing is the Japanese people are very petite. I find them beautiful people. We love to observe the style of clothing. It's so very different and unconventional from anything we have seen so far. It's awesome. I told Wilson I think they totally step out of the norm  because there are so many people in such a small area they are looking to stand out and be different so to be recognized. This evening went to dinner. They specialize in small plates. Wow amazing  prosciutto then tuna tartar followed by an amazing pasta dish I don't even know what the spices were. Such a great experience 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here!!

July 27 hot air balloons

. The streets of Jaipur