July1 nightlife zanzibar











 Here is our hotel the Golden Tulip. I'm looking out at the Indian ocean. I can already tell it's going to be a great day. We did our daily yoga practice. We sat out by the pool after lunch for a little more sun. You can never have too much:). We decided we wanted to walk into Stone Town. Per Google maps it's 3.6 miles to the Travels bar. Not every place serves alcohol here. As I mentioned it's 80% Islamic. We are very certain which places serve alcohol. We set out on our walk. It's taking so long. We did see a lot along our walk  I look at my Fitbit and it's already been 4.2 miles!!  We stop off at Mercurys restaurant because we really need a beer. They keep playing all these Queen songs. It dawns on me and I ask our server is this bar named after Freddy Mercury?  He says yes. Mr. Mercury was very kind to Zanzibar. The beach photo is where Queen would play free concerts. I love Queen. We got ourselves rested headed towards the Travelers bar. We were intercepted by this huge tent food festival. It went on for blocks. People everywhere food galore. We skipped the travelers bar saving it for tomorrow. So we headed to the nearest restaurant serving beer. Such a great day. Our 3.6 mile walk totalled 6.2. Needless to say we taxied it back to the hotel. We are staying downtown Stone Town tomorrow for 2 nights. Very excited. Time for bed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here!!

July 27 hot air balloons

. The streets of Jaipur