July 5th
Well I'd say today we are totally back in the game woohoo!! We woke up had our coffee and decided to go out and swim. We were out for about an hour. I just love that water. I had my goggles with me. We were so disappointed we didn't see any fish. We were told the Indian Ocean is significantly overfished and not much sea life about 5 mi off shore. We were thinking of going on a snorkeling tour but found you had to go way out to this national sea life park to see anything. We past on it. We realized that protected parks are so vital to all life on earth. As for the safari parks if those were not protected these giant animals and even the small animals would probably be so endangered or not even exist. Poaching still takes place in the parks. In fact there are signs saying if you see a poaching please take a photo and turn it in to the rangers. Unfortunately there are no such rules in and around the ocean. As we were walking out of the ocean I saw this shell of sorts. It looks like a sand dollar with the design on top but it's all puffed up. I asked one of the guys on the beach and he said it's a sea urchin shell. He said take care of it it's a gift from the sea. There is no way it's making it home in my bag whole so will put it back in the ocean so someone else may have a gift from the sea:). Wilson was tired after the swim so decided to take a nap under our palapa. Nice spot for that. We ended the day just enjoying each other.




Comments
Post a Comment