July 28th last day in Istanbul







 When we were eating at that rooftop restaurant about 5 days ago looking at all the Mosques on the other side of the river we noted a neon sign on the backside of the eye of Sophia. We said what's that about. I said I don't want to see it now. We got back from Cappadocia early this morning around 130 AM. Wilson wakes up and says we are going to see the eye of Sophia. I said no I'm boycotting it. He said you can't come all the way to Istanbul and not see the eye of Sophia. I said ok whatever. We  went to the blue mosque which I thought was more impressive. I did learn that the eye of Sophia was originally made for the Greek Christians in 624-648. Then it changed to an Islam mosque. It did go back and forth a few times but now currently a mosque. I did have to done a head covering which I totally respect. At least I can say I saw the eye of Sophia here in Istanbul

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here!!

July 27 hot air balloons

. The streets of Jaipur