July 21st last day in South Africa
Today is our last day in South Africa. I'm sad to leave. We sure packed in a lot for our last day. We drove to Cape Good Hope to watch the sunrise. Can you believe it claims to be the furthest south point as well? Wilson checked and it's not Aglhaus where we were a couple days ago truly is. The name hasn't always been Good Hope.In 1480 it was called Cape of Storms by a Portuguese explorer. They then changed it to Good Hope encourage more sailors down that direction. Changing the name had no effect on those tumultuous seas however;). We saw an unexpected site ostriches!! Crazy!! Then we packed up to head to Stollenbosch the major wine region of South Africa. I'm still in search of chardonnay. Found this winery that specializes in Chardonnay and Cabernet. We found we could have taken a tram up. Of course I ordered the tastings of Chardonnay and he threw in the Cabernet. I have to admit that Cab was delish. The cheese plate wow. Those who know me know I love cheese. As you can see it was amazing! Wilson isn't a wine fan but alas they also distill gin!! Wilson gin tasted. They made these ice cubes out of juice of different berries to match the gin flavor. Did you know they put gin in chenin blanc? Maybe just they do. Anyway it was check in time for the hotel. Ok I know we said we loved Camps Bay and could move there but Stollenbosch in the running it's such a cool town. It is home to the largest university in all of Africa. So not only does the town feel like the coolest college town but it has the air of a sophisticated wine mecca. Clean no homeless smart. Yes we could live here too:). We walked the town. For being smack dab in the middle of winter it's very pleasant. Reminds me of San Diego in the winter. Cool with palm trees lololo. The people are saying it's so cold. They are all wearing puffy jackets!! Tomorrow is a long travel day. Off to Istanbul Turkey. This last third is going to be a whole other trip. Hang on!!











Comments
Post a Comment