July 15 southern cross


 It was about 5:30 this morning. I woke up and the sky was so clear. I heard the southern cross is close to the horizon and shines bright. There it was right through the window. Wilson said what are you looking at?  I said that's the southern cross isn't it?  He has a star app on his phone. Sure enough that is what we were looking at. Just amazing. Woke up about 7:30 had coffee and saw all these whales breaching. We saw baby whales making much smaller splashes just as awesome. Went for a beach walk 5.78 per Fitbit:). Saw this seaweed washed on the rocks that literally looks like snakes. The wind was blowing so hard. Tried to get an Uber didn't seem they are here. Stopped off at this local pub. There was a rugby game just starting. South Africa vs New Zealand. SA didn't stand a chance. I know nothing about rugby but the New Zealand guys did this intimation dance wich was fascinating. It looks like an intense sport. Wouldn't want to mess with these guys. It was cold and so windy. Buttoned up and walked about 1.3 mi back. Took a warm jaccuzi charged our phones preparing for the electricity to go off at 8. Made dinner cleaned up and headed to bed to watch a movie Wilson downloaded. Headed to the tip of Africa tomorrow 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here!!

July 27 hot air balloons

. The streets of Jaipur