Sorry misinformation. The volcanos that erupted to form Cappadocia happened about 6 million years ago and the first people to move in was 2000 BC. Apologies
Our last leg another 6 hours to Nairobi. Here is our hotel the Acacia Tree resort a non profit organization that support and help woman out of poverty. All profits from the resort go directly to woman and children. The place is beautiful and run very efficiently. We got to our room and were exhausted. Thinking we would take a nap we fell asleep at 9 AM only to wake at 3:30 PM.
At 430 AM we were picked up to head to our hot air balloon ride amongst 300 plus fellow ballooners. It was pretty amazing to see all of these balloons headed up together. There was absolutely no wind. We pretty much went up rotated many times to see our neighbors. Pretty spectacular. We then came down and the captain actually landed on the trailer. Pretty good captianing if you ask me:). After that it was only 630. Found a coffee shop that was opened. We met up with our guide again at 930. We visited the oldest and largest church in Cappadocia. Then went to the outdoor museum where most of the rock formations were taken. We were then escorted to an amazing ceramics factory. There was a demonstration by a master to make a round wine decanter. I didn't get a photo of it unfortunately. But 3 masters are involved in completing these works of art. The potter the designer then then painter. I threw pots in my 3 years of high school.and 1 year at college. I loved it. I unders...
We got up early this morning to walk the streets. It's Sunday so the shops are late to open. It's quiet. We walked to the peoples palace. Around the area was the spice market and flower market. The odors on the streets is nearly unbearable at least to me. I have a very sensitive sense of smell. Wilson bought me a lei of flowers to wear to help with the smell. In front of us this camel pulling a cart runs in front of us!! We walked further and were escorted into this Hindi revival. We were shown where to remove our shoes. Oh my the place was packed with colorful clothing music chants and dancing. The people would smile at us put their hands in a prayer and bow. We did the same back. It was pretty cool. We then came out of the tent to continue our walk. The streets became very busy and very crowded. With all the horns honking and chaos of trying to cross the street I became a bit overwhelmed. We had been walking a bit over 3 hours and 4.5 miles. I told Wilson I needed to go ba...
Comments
Post a Comment