June 20th
Did our yoga on the sand under the pal trees. So nice with the tradewinds. After we finished these guys offered us fresh coconuts water out of the coconut. It was sooo good. They also told us about a beach clean up. Not that beach is all that bad here. We said we would like to participate. They said no we would like you to buy our food. We said what type of food for lunch? They said no we would like 42 kg of maze-corn and the store gives you 20 kg of beans. We all share it-8-guys and it lasts for 12 days. I said why not rice and beans. They said no the rice is too light. The corn keeps us full for 12 hours so we can work. Wilson said you clean the beach I will buy that for you. How much? They said 3500 shillings. 140 shillings equals 1 US dollar. They said can you give it to us now? Wilson said no that's not how I work. You clean the beach we all go to the store to buy maze and beans. They said ok. So captain Amsterdam he is the leader said go get paper and pencil. So I did. He put down the names of the 8 guys. He said come Friday bring that paper and do roll call. Only these people will work for this. I said ok deal!! Pretty fun. So we went for a walk on the beach. Hardly any sargassum on this beach. Saw these 2 huge ships stranded. Both identical. We just wondered how that could even happen. Went swimming it felt so nice. Just read most of the afternoon made dinner then watch Ted Lasson. Wilson enjoys that. I'm getting to like it too:)



Comments
Post a Comment